Do I need Orthodontic Treatment?
You may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment if you have any of the following:
- Spacing — gaps, or spaces, between the teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not “fill up” the mouth
- Crowding — when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
- Open bite — space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together
- Overbite—the upper front teeth lie too far forward over the lower teeth
- Cross bite —the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- Under bite —the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
In some cases, abnormal development of the teeth and jaw can affect the shape of the face.
Orthodontic treatment is about making the best of your teeth; it’s about improving the harmony of your mouth and jaws. The benefits of orthodontic treatment include a healthier mouth, a more pleasing appearance, and teeth that are more likely to last a lifetime.